Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh Romeo...

Ollie has a comfy bed in his cage where he sleeps each night. He does enjoy running and leaping around the room, but when I notice he gets a bit tired he's moved to his bed. Mrs. Pratt has a small stuffed bunny I think I got her for an Easter present one year. I thought I'd put the little bunny in along with Ollie so he would have a friend to flop next to. It works with Twizzle with a large stuffed rabbit, and I think helped him with Greyton's absence.

So I put the bunny in with Ollie last night, and went downstairs for a bit. Mrs. Pratt and I started hearing a noise.
Taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap...It sounded like the woodpecker who usually visits our backyard trees. The noise wouldn't stop. It seemed to be coming from Ollie's room.

We checked on Ollie, and sure enough he was making "friends" with the stuffed animal. My bunny the "jackhammer". Baxter looked on from the other room, and I told her that's why she is being kept apart from him. I took the stuffed rabbit out of the cage or else we wouldn't be able to get any sleep last night.

Ollie will be getting fixed soon, and that should calm him down a little.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

lol.. if I remember correctly, the stuffed bunny is familiar with that, isn't it? Maybe it's the stuffed bunny's fault after all... batting it's eyelashes and being all seductive and stuff.

Pratt said...

One of our earlier rabbits, Jay was an elderly bunny and not neutered. He did have a favorite stuffed animal friend,which was much better than trying to mount Greyton. And Baxter before she was spayed decided to get friendly with the bunny too. Twizzle never had those urges though.

anne marie in philly said...

well, at least you know ollie knows what to do with what he has been given! LOL

glad he is working out so well.

Chloe said...

Oh my, goodness gracious!!!!! I've never heard the term "jack hammer" used to describe... well... nevermind.

Carry on then.

Deb said...

He looks like such an innocent bun. Talk about putting the moves on quickly! So funny. :)

AP3 said...

Rabbit, rabbit!