Sunday, May 06, 2007

Derby Day



Mrs. P. decided we should put a small wager on the Kentucky Derby. I've never played the ponies but thought this would be fun to try once. There's a local Turf Club /OTB place about 5 miles from us. So I looked in the paper and made my picks for the trifecta... and thanks to Street Sense, Hard Spun and Curlin...I won...I only did a $1 bet boxed so that was $6 and then another $5 on Hard Spun to Show - grand total:
$11 got me $237.
Of course I rubbed lucky bunny feet before the race.

4 comments:

bozoette said...

Congrats!

todd gunther said...

since it was mrs. p's idea, MRS. P. should get the money!

hee hee

Cheyenne said...

Congratulations...I was hoping Hard Spun would win. He's a beautiful horse from our area and he carried the #8 (my NASCAR driver's number).

archi ann said...

cool congrats!!!

speaking of lucky rabbit feet - did you see the lucky rabbit foot ad on birdchick's site - pretty funny

http://www.birdchick.com/2007/05/cinnamon-is-not-amused.html