Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Direction

I woke up this morning like I do every morning listening to the local news radio station. Usually I'm half drowsy and not paying much attention to what's filtering in my ears but this story woke me up.

Apparantly, there is a major blogging conference going on in Philadelphia, like close to 300 people attending, and I had not heard a thing about it until this morning.

Once upon a time I used to write so much more on this site, but now it's just a weekly rabbit photo update and has strayed far far away from the written word.
So discovering how out of the loop I am, it's definitely a sign to close up shop here.

Now you can still see rabbit photos on my flickr page .I'll just update bunny pics there every week. So you will still be able to follow what Twizzle, Baxter, Ollie and Finnegan are up to.

This site will slowly disappear. There are some pics and entries I want to save or print before I delete the page for good. But after three and a half years, time to move on.


The End.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pratt, it was a great run.
Between Flickr and MySpace, you've got your hands full. Blogging was so 2005, and you sailed through that with flying colors. Don't look at this as a quitting or a failure. After all, "No man is a failure who has 4364 MySpace friends", right?
Peace out, my friend. Go Flying Dutch!

DK & The Fluffies said...

See you on Flickr!

amber said...

are we even friends on flickr? I'm friends with your wife.

don't delete it! Just... keep it here. You got me through 2005 without killing myself, and although I'm slowly trying to block 99% of that time period out of my head, it's nice to know that "The Blog of Pratt" is still out there. Like old broadcast episodes of black and white TV shows that will continue to drift out into space for millions of years.

Goddess Adrasteia said...

Nooooooooooooo! *clings to your leg* Don't go!!!!

Anonymous said...

That makes me very sad. ~deb

addie said...

i know how you feel. i'm glad you'll still be having bunny shots on flickr though!

Big Sister Pratt said...

You must do a "Best of The Blog of Pratt" before you sign off. "Jay-sus" is my all-time favorite.

I checked your blog every day, just to keep up with your life. Now, I guess we'll just have to do it via e-mail.
Love ya!
MJ

J said...

I agree, don't delete it, let it remain. You will be missed.

Lucky Pink said...

I agree with Amber. I'm sad to see you go-- has it really been 3 1/2 years???

bozoette said...

Well, I didn't know about the convention either, but what do I know. I'll miss you.

Hollipop said...

You know, I think a lot of us that were at the front-to-middling of the blogging phenom have fizzled out. The Flo has been all but totally defunct as well, especially after my stalker got hold of me. It just got old, ya know? I'm bored with Myspace, too. Onward to the next new thing, right? mwah!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog a few months ago! UGH! Myspace? I have a myspace! Do you post about the buns? Maybe I follow the buns on there...

Carrie said...

wow... I leave for 6 months and see what happens? :) I'll still be around of course. I really need to get into the other stuff you're doing to keep up with you. Time is so sparse these days... le sigh

Carrie said...

I noticed today that it is just "The Blog Of" now... sigh..