Thursday, September 13, 2007

One Year Later...



Today is one year since Greyton died. It was shocking ,but somewhat expected since the old boy was 10 -elderly for a rabbit. His timing knocked us for a loop. It was only two days prior for Mrs. P. and I to leave for a trip to Vegas. So the grief and the numbness had us in shock as we enjoyed Vegas.

As we returned home, it hit us again as Twizzle now seemed lost without his companion and friend. We tried to bond him with Baxter but they would always fight.
A few months later, by chance, Ollie came into our lives, Twizzle seems to prefer his company, and is very calm now. He sleeps near his cage every night. They still tend to scuffle, and for Ollie's safety since he is so tiny compared to Twizzle we still have to keep them seperated sometimes.

Then came Finnegan, another lop , who also oddly has similar habits to Greyton...and Greyton was a weirdo with his sleeping spots and personality(love for the vaccum cleaner) Baxter and Finnegan have really made progress with their bonding.

But one year later, Greyton is still missed. I'm happy he lived a long life and that we gave him a good home all those years. I'm happy that his photos have gone out worldwide and many people have asked about him, which in turn has led me to educate people about rabbits. He was truly one of those once in a lifetime pets.

4 comments:

Hollipop said...

I even miss him and I didn't even know him.

Did you watch that video I sent you?

hugs for Greyton, where ever you are out there.

Carrie said...

Heck, I even miss him and I never met him in person. That says something for your blogging ability :) I'm glad you're back.

Here's to Greyton.

Fabulous Me said...

I can't believe it's been an entire year. Good ol' Greyton. You know I'll never forget him.

anne marie said...

a year...man..."time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin' into the future"

it's good, though, that twizzle has a friend in ollie.