Friday, October 05, 2007

home now

I'm home from the hospital. wednesday morning at 3:30 i awoke ands realized my whole right side was numb, face,arm,leg i tried to take an aspirin and i was unable to swallow or talk or really do anything - i was able to say 911 and maria called an ambulance.

I was in the hospital a few days for all kinds of tests. cat scan/mri/eeg/ekgs/echo of my heart and a lovely test where a camera is put down my throat to look at my heart. my right leg is ok but a little stiff. my right arm has regained a lot of it but is weak- typing this takes time but my physical therapist says working a keyboard is good for it.my speech is a little sluggish and slow but it was only a mini-stroke. not a big Dick CLark type stroke.so i'm home and ok..just a little not well and i'll get better in time.

i always try to keep my sens of humor in whatever situation (well after the initial panic of it all) I was getting the MRI and they put headphones on me played music during the hour test.what song was in hte mix? James Blunt"you're have a bad day".
no shit i thought.

But i'll be well again soon. Don't worry.

14 comments:

mary ann said...

You relax and get well soon.

Hollipop said...

holy shit! **hugshugshugs**

Anonymous said...

Pratt, you take care of yourself, my friend! Get well soon, ya hear?!
Love, The Streiches!

archi ann said...

oh man! you take care of yourself! glad you were able to get in and checked out. scary stuff

Anonymous said...

holy crap, batman!

and you looked so good 2 weeks ago...

(((((hugs))))) and sending good karma your way.

anne marie

addie said...

woah, scary! hope you have a speedy recovery.i'm sure the missus and the buns will take good care of you.

Big Sister Pratt said...

Keep typing, Little Bro! Make sure you do everything the doctors, therapist, Maria and the bunnies tell you to do.
Hugs from all of us down here.
MJ

Erica said...

HUGS, take care of yourself, Pratt!

Andrewbun said...

Glad to hear you are ok! Take Care!

mary D said...

Holy cow. Take care of yourself! Bunny kisses make good medicine.

Goddess Adrasteia said...

aieee! Damn, I thought it was quiet around here. Let me know if there's anything I can do. *hugs*

Fabulous Me said...

OMG! I leave the blog world for a few weeks and look what I missed. I hope you're feeling better... at least you have the bunnies for company when you're stuck at home! *hugs*

bozoette said...

PRATT! I idly click on the link in my stats and not only find you're back, but that you've been in the hospital! Please, please get well soon.

Simone said...

Goodness, that must have been really frightening! I am glad you are feeling a little better and hope you are back to your old self soon.
-Simone & Mama