Friday, May 02, 2008

Clearing the Bases...

Where have I been? I get e-mails from friends asking that. Where have I been? The horrible illnesses that clung to me all winter have finally disappeared. The sometimes feelings of nothing exciting to say creeps in and lingers about. I try hard to snap out of it.

There's always the trivial- Today is the 100th anniversary of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" written by Jack Norworth after being inspired by the sign "Baseball today-Polo Grounds" from his subway car. Set to music by Albert Von Tilzer it was a big hit in 1908 and remains an American classic.


Of course my favorite version of the song came in 1955 with Harpo Marx performing it on "I Love Lucy"



I haven't been to a ball game yet this year, The Phillies ended April in first place though which is surprising for fans around here.

The bunnies are all doing well and Monday Bunday will start showing up again.
Mrs. P. is excited about tomorrow's Kentucky Derby. Her love of horse racing has replaced her lighthouse obsession I think. Anyway, we'll watch the race and have mint juleps, and hopefully I'll pick the trifecta like I did last year.

I hope to start writing again,and reconnect with some blog friends who I've kind of vanished from their lives for awhile.

4 comments:

DKM said...

The lighthouse obsession is over? does this mean you are re-painting the bathroom again?

Anonymous said...

yea, pratt is back! :-)

and I have so missed my monday bundays!

have a good weekend!

anne marie

bozoette said...

Yay!

FrecklesandDeb said...

We're glad you're starting to feel better!